You may financially support FPC by placing a check or cash in an offering basket during any worship service, mailing a check to the church office at 209 Jamestowne Blvd, Farragut, TN 37934, or you may give online through our secure website.
The term Electronic Giving (or E-Giving) encompasses a wide range of secure, online payment methods that can be used to make one-time or recurring donations from checking/savings accounts or credit/debit cards without the need to write checks, carry cash or prepare envelopes.
E-Giving works the same as the automatic payment methods used by most families to make mortgage or utility payments—and to receive payroll earnings or social security income.
Although FPC’s e-giving service allows donations to be made from credit card accounts, we suggest this option be considered only by those who pay off their balance each month.
Why Electronic Giving?
Provides convenience for you
- There is no need to write checks or bring cash to church when contributions are made automatically. Your contributions are transmitted electronically and are deposited directly into the church bank account.
Keep you on track with stewardship commitments
- Scheduled, automated offerings prevent you from falling behind on financial pledges. To get a copy of the 2017 Estimate of Giving Card, click 2017-estimate-of-giving-card
Guarantees your uninterrupted support
- Even the most committed churchgoers will occasionally miss services—and weekly offerings—due to illness, poor weather or vacation.
Provides you with today’s most popular payment methods
- Many families—especially young families—rarely write checks or carry cash.
Provides much-needed donation consistency for our church
- Seasonal donation slump is reduced
- Financial forecasting is improved
- Planning can proceed with confidence
Adds greater security in the church office
- Reduces handling of checks and cash
Saves church staff time
- As the effort required to process cash and check donations decreases, the efficient use of staff time increases!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do recurring donations work?
No matter which donation method you use, you will be asked to select a payment method, start date, end date, frequency, and contribution amount. On the date you authorize (or the next business day), donations will be processed and then deposited into FPC’s bank account.
Q. What can I use to show I made a donations?
The itemized list of electronic transactions that appears on your bank or credit card statement can be used as proof of your donations. Also, your online donations will be included on your quarterly giving statements, along with your donations by check, stocks, and cash.
Q. How safe is Electronic Giving?
It is safer than writing checks or carrying cash to church. Secure donation services are provided by Vanco Services, LLC. Vanco processes electronic donations for more than 10,000 churches and nonprofit organizations.
Q. How can I still participate in the offering during services?
You can still display a symbolic act of giving by doing the following:
Write “e-giver” on the outside of a pew envelope and place it in the offering plate.
Q. What if I need to cancel or temporarily place my donation on hold?
You can cancel or suspend donations by notifying the church. (If you signed up online, you may have the option to go online to cancel or suspend your own donations.)
If the questions answered below don’t address your concern – or if you’d just rather talk to a real person – then please contact:
- Tom Koch, FPC Financial Secretary, 712-5677 or firstname.lastname@example.org