Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to:
- nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- support the mission of the church worldwide,
- work for justice and peace,
- build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Presbyterian Women (PW) is an independent organization within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of more than 300,000 women. The programming and resource options for the organization offer a variety of ways for women to live out their faith in an inclusive, caring community.
Presbyterian Women offers women in the church meaningful ways to live out their faith in the midst of a caring community of women. For more than 200 years Presbyterian women’s groups have strengthened the Presbyterian Church and played a major role in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ and witnessing to the promise of God’s kingdom. And in 2013, Presbyterian Women celebrated 25 years of praying and working together as “Presbyterian Women,” the organization created with the reunited Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
All women of Farragut Presbyterian are invited to participate in Presbyterian women activities. The PW year begins in August with a kickoff dinner and collection of back-to-school supplies for charitable giving.
Farragut Presbyterian has four PW circles. There meeting times are:
- Circles #1 and 2, second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m.
(One meets at church, One meets at member’s homes)
- Circle #3, second Wednesday of the month at 10 a.m.
(Meets at the church)
- Circle #4, first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
(Meets at the church)
The FPC Presbyterian Women support a number of programs through regular monthly offerings and special fundraising. Programs supported by PW include:
- Ulster Project of East Tennessee
- Child and Family Crisis Center
- Heifer Project
- Newton Child Development Center
- Sunset Gap
- EPCAT-USA, Inc
- UT Presbyterian Center
- Bachman Academy
- Least Coin, Thank, and Birthday Offerings
- Mission Haven
- Morgan-Scott Project